How to add and remove Tesla phone keys?
by LILucky on Apr 09, 2023
Add and remove keys:
1. Add a new card key or remote control key
NOTE: When adding the key fob, make sure the key fob is at room temperature. If the key fob is cold, pairing may not be successful.
1) On the touch screen, tap "Control > Lock", then tap "+" in the "Key" column.
2) Scan the new card key or key fob on the key reader located behind the cupholders on top of the center console. When a new card key or key fob is recognized, it will be removed from its key reader.
3) Scan an authenticated (i.e. already authorized to access the vehicle) card key or key fob on the key reader located behind the cupholders on top of the center console.
4) Once complete, the key list on the touch screen will display the newly authenticated key. Click on the associated pencil icon to customize the name of the key.
2. Add a new phone key:
NOTE: To add a new phone key, Bluetooth must be enabled, the phone must have the Tesla phone app installed, and be connected to the vehicle's Tesla account.
1) While seated in the car, open the Tesla mobile app, select the appropriate vehicle (if multiple vehicles are linked to the account), and tap "Cell Key > Get Started".
2) Scan an authenticated key card or fob on the key reader located behind the cupholders on top of the center console.
3) When the phone app reminds that the pairing is successful, please click "Finish". The key list on the touchscreen ("Controls > Locks") will show the new phone key. The name of the phone key is determined by the name used in the phone settings.
The key can be removed when you no longer want the key to access your Tesla (for example, if your phone or card key is lost).
1) On the touch screen, tap "Controls > Locks".
2) Find the key you want to remove from the key list, and click the key's associated trash can icon.
3) When prompted, scan the authenticated key card or key fob at the key reader located behind the cupholders on top of the center console to confirm selection. Once done, the key list no longer includes the deleted key.
Note: There must be at least one authenticated card key or fob. If there is only one card key in the key list, it cannot be deleted.
When we bring our mobile phone close to the vehicle, the door will automatically unlock. If you want to automatically lock the car when you leave the car, please click "Vehicle Control" - "Car Lock" in the lower left corner of the screen to enable the [Automatically lock after leaving the car] function.
If you are interested in keychains or keycards, you can click the button below to place an order